Daily Steps In Self Mastery – Day 19: Sympathy
Noun; harmony of or agreement in feeling, as between persons or on the part of one person with respect to another.
Today I will learn to feel kindly towards others. Be thoughtful and tolerant. Make the path smooth for others by acts of kindness and words of cheer. Practice self-forgetfulness. Help others to be happy, confident, hopeful, and successful.
Think particularly of these things:
- I am part of all I have met.
- Grow strong through sympathy.
- Be always gracious towards others.
- Have sympathy for all human kind.
- Constantly develop large-heartedness.
Yet, taught by time, my heart has learned to grow, for others’ good, and melt at others’ woe. ~Pope’s Homer.