Daily Steps In Self Mastery – Day 2: Optimism
noun; hopefulness and confidence about the future or the successful outcome of something.
Today I will persist in seeing the bright side of life, remembering that “He that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.” I will be optimistic and believe in the triumph of good over evil. “Today is mine.”
Dwell intently upon these thoughts:
- A smile disarms anger and discontent.
- What I look for, that I find.
- Believe in the world’s betterment.
- The best time to be happy is now.
- There is no evil, but thinking makes it so.
“Give us, oh, give us, the man who sings at his work! he will do more in the same time- he will do it better – he will persevere longer. One is scarcely sensible of fatigue while he marches to music. the very stars are said to make harmony as they revolve in their spheres” – Carlyle