Daily Steps In Self Mastery – Day 22: Speech
Noun; the expression of or the ability to express thoughts and feelings by articulate sounds.
Today I will use the deep tones of the voice. Speak deliberately, and articulate words clearly. Let the aim be to use simple, direct English. Avoid slang and loose expressions. Investigate every word whose meaning or pronunciation is doubtful.
Practice these aloud:
- Repeat e, a, aw, ah, o, oo.
- Strike sharply he, ha, haw, ho, hoo.
- Sing “bell”, sustaining the “L”.
- Repeat rapidly be-ba-baw-bah-bo-boo.
- Burst the voice on ba, baw, bo, boo.
Speak not at all, in any wise, till you have somewhat to speak; care not for the reward of your speaking, but siimply and with undivided mind for the truth of your speaking. ~Carlyle.