Daily Steps In Self Mastery – Day 30: Imagination
Noun; the faculty of imagining, or of forming mental images or concepts of what is not actually present to the senses.
Fill the mind with helpful, inspiring pictures. All great things are first wrought out in the imagination. Constantly see before you the kind of man you wish to be. Picture a great definite life purpose, and work for it deliberately, and energetically.
Picture these vividly:
- What kind of man do I wish to be?
- What great purpose have I in life?
- What large thing can I do for others?
- What must I accomplish today?
- What is my highest ambition?
And as imagination bodies forth the forms of things unknown, the poet’s pen turns them to shape and gives to airy nothingness a local habitation and a name. ~Shakespeare