Daily Steps In Self Mastery – Day 9: Unselfishness
Adjective; having or showing more concern for other people than for yourself : not selfish
Today I will be generous and kind. Give to others. By daily acts of kindness, and words of cheer, I will make others happy. Think good thoughts for all mankind. Let the supreme joy be to serve others.
Think deeply on these:
- All I have is what I give away.
- It is more blest to give than to receive.
- To give much is to have much.
- I am thoughtful to the old and poor.
- Today I shall do at least one act of kindness.
Give unto me, made lowly wise, the spirit of self-sacrifice; the confidence of reason given; and in the light of truth thy bondman let me live! ~Wordsworth